Comments

4.0

So I've gleaned precious little info in regards to the latest revision of D&D. Here are a few new and interesting tidbits I've picked up. Apologies if this is common knowledge:

1) No natural immunities
2) No natural weaknesses
3) Dragons will no longer be capable sorcerors
4) No monks, barbarians, bards, or druids (at first, anyway)
5) When your hit points are cut in half, you reach a stage called 'bloodied', which in some cases grants you (or an NPC, natch) with free interrupt (?) abilities.
6) Yama will be on the cover of Deities & Demigods 4.0

I'm not even sure what all of that means, but thought you guys might be interested. And apparently, WotC sends out updates/changes to the play-testers on a regular basis.

3 comments:

  1. Yama bless you for this information, brother.

    Now the infidels will truly understand Yama's might!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know any of this... thanks for the 411.

    Except for the Yama part, of course.

    I think Boing-Boing had a post about Yama's place in D&D 4.0 a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As my co-workers are no doubt tired of hearing, I read the preview book, Races & Classes, and was super-impressed. With very few exceptions the changes they're making are ones I'm excited for.

    Also of note: the woodland god Obad-Hai made the cut! Obadiah 4 life!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.