I'm just slightly torn on this. Fincher's riding high for me after Zodiac, but I'd sort of like to see him stretch his wings a little beyond murder stories.
That said, you could do a lot worse than to pair him up with one of the best crime comics on the stands. If nothing else, this is awesome news for raising the profile of The Killer.
It's pretty recent comic, Ben, but pretty great. I'd call it a surprisingly introspective look at the life of a contract killer. It's a touch larger than life, but surprisingly grounded, and very much about revealing the seductive, nihilistic philosophy of the killer. Also, it's French and so has kick-ass art:
I'm just slightly torn on this. Fincher's riding high for me after Zodiac, but I'd sort of like to see him stretch his wings a little beyond murder stories.
ReplyDeleteThat said, you could do a lot worse than to pair him up with one of the best crime comics on the stands. If nothing else, this is awesome news for raising the profile of The Killer.
Is this a remake of the John Woo film? I gather not, but I've never heard of a "The Killer" comic book. Which I suppose is Dave's point.
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty recent comic, Ben, but pretty great. I'd call it a surprisingly introspective look at the life of a contract killer. It's a touch larger than life, but surprisingly grounded, and very much about revealing the seductive, nihilistic philosophy of the killer. Also, it's French and so has kick-ass art:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.daradja.com/the_killer.php