Dan, have you gotten your hands on any 4th edition stuff yet? Some friends of mine are playtesting and can't stop raving about it. I was wondering what your take was.
Nope. I was under the impression that all of the playtesting was still being done in-house. I hear things and read about stuff, but I haven't actually seen any material. What I have heard has generally excited me, though.
Jason, it is your mission to get your friends to give us a full report on D&D 4e so we can be informed of its awesomeness, if in fact awesomeness there be.
Sadly, I was thwarted when I attempted to invite myself over to check it out. I got some bullshit about NDA's and other big acronymns that should be meaningless between friends. From what I recall of the brief conversation, the simplicity is staggering. The example used was that things were streamlined to prevent long waits for planning - such as pre-battle buffs and which spells to memorize for the day. No more holing up for the night so the wizard can rest. In fact, I believe he mentioned something about bonuses for wizards jumping from battle to battle.
Then again, this could in fact all be common knowledge about 4e. But I'll see what I can pry out of them!
Here's what you do when you start hearing acronyms:
Tell them you're not sure what that means, but it sounds like something a terrorist would say, and if they don't show you the D&D 4e rules, you're going to have to call Homeland Security.
Dan, have you gotten your hands on any 4th edition stuff yet? Some friends of mine are playtesting and can't stop raving about it. I was wondering what your take was.
ReplyDeleteNope. I was under the impression that all of the playtesting was still being done in-house. I hear things and read about stuff, but I haven't actually seen any material. What I have heard has generally excited me, though.
ReplyDeleteJason, it is your mission to get your friends to give us a full report on D&D 4e so we can be informed of its awesomeness, if in fact awesomeness there be.
ReplyDeleteSadly, I was thwarted when I attempted to invite myself over to check it out. I got some bullshit about NDA's and other big acronymns that should be meaningless between friends.
ReplyDeleteFrom what I recall of the brief conversation, the simplicity is staggering.
The example used was that things were streamlined to prevent long waits for planning - such as pre-battle buffs and which spells to memorize for the day. No more holing up for the night so the wizard can rest. In fact, I believe he mentioned something about bonuses for wizards jumping from battle to battle.
Then again, this could in fact all be common knowledge about 4e. But I'll see what I can pry out of them!
Here's what you do when you start hearing acronyms:
ReplyDeleteTell them you're not sure what that means, but it sounds like something a terrorist would say, and if they don't show you the D&D 4e rules, you're going to have to call Homeland Security.
If you're playing 4E without me, you're playing with Osama.
ReplyDeleteA critical hit!
ReplyDelete...OF TREASON.