Comments

Thas Creepy

I'm generally repelled by the emerging subgenre of "torture/endurance test" horror movies like Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes, but even I gotta admit that the teaser trailer for Hills Have Eyes 2 is a stunningly realized vignette:

Click here and just watch the teaser trailer. If you've gotta watch the main one (which is standard, forgettable fare), watch it after the teaser trailer or it'll kinda ruin it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and I was very taken with the creepy folk/blues song that plays. The artist is Devendra Banhart and the song is called "Insect Eyes."

    Scary lyrics are as follows:

    And each strand of her hair is really insect eyes
    And each hole in her tongue is always occupied by the milk of the sun
    And each head on her head is fields of gold wheat
    Where I'm lying on my back, where I'm falling asleep
    And each lash in her eye is really white roots
    And each line in her skin is really red roots
    And the neck her head's on is a tunnel of dawn
    But darkness will come, but darkness will come
    For sure, it's gonna come
    And the breast on her chest is where I take my rest
    Is where I have my fun, is where I have my fun
    And one long red nail that shots from her toe
    Is tickling my blood and shifting its flow
    And each strand of her hair is really insect eyes
    And each hole in her tongue is always occupied by the milk of the sun
    And I'm always late, always late
    And your black tulips of time
    And your black tulips of time
    And your hands rejoice in mine
    And that seed it grows all day
    And that seed it grows all night
    And our veins are intertwined

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched the trailer because I'm tired and have a headache, but that song is creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call, Dan. I never read or watch anything creepy when I'm already sick or I get to feeling even worse and eventually my head explodes, Scanners-style:

    http://tinyurl.com/l8l2h

    It's happened to me three times before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. I really dug the remake (naturally), but from what I'm hearing, that teaser trailer is twice as good as anything you see in the actual film.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.