Comments

Ummmm.... OK...... Wow

I really don't know what to say... or think really

5 comments:

  1. I've been kind of keeping an eye on this flick for the last few months, ever since Harry Knowles first reported on it with creepy, drooling anticipation. The idea of Christina Ricci as psycho, hillbilly nymphette to be tamed by Samuel Jackson apparently pushed all his exploitation movie buttons. Now - the director's tried to explain that the movie's exploitative veneer is just a jumping-off point to talk about important things, but reviews like this one suggest it doesn't so much pan out:

    http://tinyurl.com/yrgo9r

    Two things are certain:

    1) This WILL become a cult movie.

    2) It's got some kick-ass music on its blues-based soundtrack, which can be heard in its entirety on the movie's website. I particularly recommend "When the Lights Go Out", "The Losing Kind", and "Lord Have Mercy on Me."

    So...yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want my own Christina Ricci to chain up in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, if the movie flops maybe you can work something out with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or if it's reeeally succesfuly, perhaps you can buy the Christina Ricci action figure with its own chain.

    This looks like utter and unnecessarily odd crap to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is that this is either going to be surprisingly good or painfully exploitative.

    My real guess is more that second thing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.